Why YOU Should Invest In Baltimore, MD!
The Maryland Metro Region consists of the independent city of Baltimore and five counties in Maryland including Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, Anne Arundel, and Howard. The market is located between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. The region boasts a population of over 2 million people, with easy access to and through for nearly 1/3 of the US population.
The strengths of the region include a rapidly growing economy and excellent schools. Maryland ranks 1st in percentage of employed PhDs and engineers and is the most educated start per WalletHub.
Baltimore is located on a network of interstate highways, with excellent public transportation options. The Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport is located just minutes from downtown Baltimore with rail lines to Baltimore and Washington DC. The airport served over 27 million passengers in 2018.
The median income in the Baltimore-Columbia-Towson MSA is over $80k annually, with 40% of households bringing in over $100k annually.
The Benefits of Turnkey Investments
Making investments in turnkey properties is beneficial for a number of reasons. Most importantly, you will be able to grow your portfolio quickly and with little effort on your end.
Investing in turnkey investments is perfect for those who want to add real estate to their portfolios, without having to deal with the hassles themselves. We handle the acquisition, repairs, tenant screening, and management of the property. We know how to acquire and repair properties as efficiently as possible. It can be very reassuring as an investor to know that all of the details are being taken care of by a team of local professionals.
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport – This airport features direct rail service to Baltimore & Washington, DC. There are over 700 flights a day serving 75 cities.
Washington DC – The capital of the United States and has a population of over 700,000 people. There are many historical sites, national monuments, and facilities that hold cultural events.
Pennsylvania Dutch Country is a region in Central Pennsylvania that was settled by German-speaking settlers of Lutheran, Amish, Mennonite, and other religious sects. Today, it is a beautiful area with many tourist stops. Visitors can observe residents practicing their traditional way of life, learn about the culture, and enjoy some of the best country cooking available. Lancaster is just over an hour away from downtown Baltimore.
Things To Do In Baltimore, MD
Some of the attractions in the area include:
- The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore – Offers more than 1,500 birds, mammals, amphibians & reptiles at this zoo in Druid Hill Park since 1876.
- Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum – Famed slugger’s birthplace houses baseball memorabilia & other sports-related exhibits.
- Baltimore Museum of Art – The collection of Matisses & Picassos, Impressionist works & a sculpture garden are some highlights.
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine – Fort whose War of 1812 victory inspired “The Star-Spangled Banner,” the U.S. national anthem.
- Leakin Park – Woodland park set on 1,216 acres with sports fields/courts, miniature trains & hiking/biking trails.
Baltimore, MD is home to many famed colleges and universities including Johns Hopkins, University of Maryland, Loyola, and Morgan State. Baltimore City Community College, BCCC, has five major locations in the area.
- Maryland ranks 2nd overall in the U.S. based on educational attainment, school quality, and achievement gaps.
- Maryland’s public K-12 school system ranks 8th in the nation based on 25 quality and safety metrics.
- Johns Hopkins University ranks 10th in the U.S. News and World Report rankings for Best Colleges.
- Johns Hopkins University ranks 1st among U.S. colleges and universities in total National Institutes of Health awards, including grants and contracts for research, development, training, and fellowships ($674.6 million).
- Johns Hopkins University ranks 1st among academic institutions in the nation in research and development expenditures, totaling $2.56 billion in FY 2017. The university also ranks first in federally funded research ($2.18 billion).
- University of Maryland College Park ranks 15th in the word following subjects: atmospheric science, environmental engineering, remote sensing, communications, business administration, management, and library and information sciences.
Perks of Investing In Baltimore, MD
There are many reasons why people are moving to Baltimore, MD.
- Maryland is home to 4 Fortune 500 Companies including Lockheed
- Martin, Marriott International, Discovery Communications and Host Hotels and Resorts.
- Maryland is home to more than 10 military bases across multiple branches of the U.S military.
- Maryland is 8th in a ranking of America’s Best States to Live In. (24/7 Wall Street, 2018)
- Maryland is the 4th safest state to raise children. (SafeHome.org, 2018)
- Baltimore maintains its 1st place position among the “Best American Cities for Women in Business,” which is based on the percentage of women-owned businesses, executive jobs held by women, the gender wage gap, and buying power of women (ShareFile.com, 2018)
- Baltimore places 5th in a ranking of the “Top 10 Rising Cities for Startups” based on costs, education levels, college presence,
entrepreneurship rates, working-age population growth, and venture capital investment. (Forbes, 2018)