Frequently Asked Questions
General questions about turnkey properties, our company, and the houses we offer.
Q: Who is CR of Maryland?
A: CR of Maryland is a family-owned, locally operated investment company. With over 5,000 transactions since 2004, we are one of the largest providers of single-family affordable housing in the greater Baltimore area and have developed a reputation for the highest quality renovation and service to our clients.
Q: Why should I work with CR of Maryland for Turnkey?
A: There a few key reasons why should work with our team.
- We combine the best practices of CR that we’ve spent years perfecting – Buying, Renovation, and Professional Management.
- We do things the CR Way – we deliver a consistent, high-quality product; and our service to investors and tenants alike are at the highest, most professional levels. This is a direct result of our core values: Integrity, Respect, Commitment, and Continually Striving for Perfection.
- Highest quality renovation = safest possible turnkey investment. Many providers sell “turnkeys” but ask – do they meet our CR Renovation Standards? See Renovation Standards for a breakdown of how we offer the highest quality.
Q: Do I have to be a “landlord”?
A: No! You get to be a passive investor. We handle ALL tenant communication and all aspects of leasing from showings to move in, property registrations, billing, etc. Our in-house management allows you to be as hands-off and profitable as possible.
Q: What about Property Management?
A: We are glad you asked – we want to provide investors with the best property management possible. This led us to commit our in-house professional Property Management Company to service our turnkey clients, rather than take our chances with a third-party company. This is the exact same CR of Maryland Property Management team and standards that has yielded such a high success in our own portfolio of 300 homes. You will have:
- Full time property management, full time maintenance team, 24/7 service, newest property management software allows for online-only interaction, full time leasing team, 97%+ occupancy rate.
- Seamless transition from purchase to management – just sit back and receive your monthly payment! Track everything in your owner’s portal.
- 6% Management Fee (a huge value) is month to month – you’re never locked into a long-term management deal
Q: Can I finance my purchase?
A: Yes! We can recommend lenders that specialize in Turnkey financing. You can start with as little as 20% down and the lowest possible rates! Price points on our homes are perfect for financing and leveraging multiple properties to expand your portfolio.
Q: Are there any hidden fees to get started?
A: None at all! Everything is included in your purchase price and your management fee comes directly from your rent after closing.
Q: What type of homes do you offer?
A: We offer several types of homes! See our comprehensive list below:
- Single family homes meeting our stringent “buy box” – requirements that mean a house fits our exact same personal criteria for rentals that we put in our own portfolio
- Growing steady market, immediate cash flow, stable neighborhoods, great longterm ROI.
- Properties & rent prices are geared to meet the large demand (and lacking supply) for quality work force housing
- All properties are inspected by 3rd party licensed home inspector to ensure quality standards
- All properties renovated to our CR Renovation Standards
- Best possible Rent to Price ratios for the highest possible returns
Q: How are the properties on this site different from ones I’d find on the MLS?
A: Most properties you’ll find on our site are ones that you’ll never find on the MLS. The MLS is the “Multiple Listing Service” which is where real estate agents list properties for sale. The properties we buy often aren’t listed allowing us to buy low, renovate, and pass the savings on to you.
Q: How do I make an offer on a property?
A: Send us a message here on our website or give us a call. We’ll answer any of your questions so you feel 100% comfortable and confident in your decisions.
Q: How often do you add new turnkey properties in Baltimore to your inventory?
A: We’re always adding new homes to our inventory, check back often as our properties tend to sell very very quickly.
Q: Do I need to be a real estate investor or have any real estate knowledge?
A: Nope, we take care of everything for you so that you can focus on building your financial portfolio.